My Layouts

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

been a while...


I've been scrapping a bit but not posting, during the Olympics. This is what I have done:
Week of Feb. 5-11 (20 pages/11 layouts)
Week of Feb 12-18 (10 pages/5 layouts)
Week of Feb 19-25 (8 pages/5 layouts PLUS an album I made from a 2 photo/page photo album - more on this later)
This week so far only 1 page, but that might just be it as I am off on Friday to New York City, where I will no doubt acquire many more photos to scrap, as if I didn't have enough to begin with!

Total so far for this year (Jan/Feb) 131 pages, making up 72 layouts plus a mini-album as shown here.

As for the photo album: this is based on an idea from Stacy Julian in Simple Scrapbooks magazine. The idea is to take a photo album and insert your 4x6 pictures and then in some of the slots insert 4x6 journalling blocks instead, thus
making a "scrapbook" out of it. Works great and I did this with the multitude of pictures I had from my daughter's highschool musical that were "left over" after I made the "normal" pages for the album. There is still room in the album for anything else she might do drama-wise this year and I liked it so much that I decided to do one for last year's 2 productions and get 2 more albums for her final 2 years of highschool. Of course I now had to print more pictures from last year but I think it will turn out great. Here are a couple of examples of the pages so you can see what I mean. The scans are a bit crooked, but you get the idea anyway. The musical was "Little Shop of Horrors". I used SEI Hippie Chick as well as 3 colors of Bazzill for the inserts. It all went very quickly and was done in one day.

As for the other pages I did, I don't have time to scan them right now, but I'll post some more another time


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home