My Layouts

Thursday, January 19, 2006

2nd and 3rd week



I did 9 layouts in the second week of January (15 pages total) but didn't get around to posting any, mainly because my scanner was acting up Monday when I tried to do them. Since then, I have completed 4 more layouts (7 pages) and hope to do a few more this week. By request (thanks Clare) here are two I did of the Rolling Stones outdoor concert which was here in Moncton in September. By all measurements, this was the biggest musical event we have ever had here.

The journalling for the first reads: September 3, 2005 Wow! What an amazing day! The weather smiled on the approximately 85, 000 people gathered at Magnetic Hill, Moncton. It was a perfect late summer day, sunny, not too hot, just right for a crowd eager to finish off summer with a great concert featuring the Rolling Stones. The Rolling Stones! Here! In Moncton! Marcel and I took the bus with Alix and her friends. At that time I didn't have a camera with me, but bought disposible ones on site. Renee and her friends met up with us later. All through the afternoon the crowds grew as the band (Les Trois Accords, Maroon 5, Our Lady Peace, The Tragically Hip) played. As the sun setk it was time to get ready for the Stones. What a day!

On the second, it reads: Marcel and I made our concert-watching base about midway back in the crowd, but both Alix and Renee, with their friends, got right up close to the stage and had a great view of the Stones. Renee took these great pictures of Mick Jagger as he strutted his stuff on the big stage, along with the whole band moving out into the crowd on a moving stage section. We had a good view too on the giant screens.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home