My Layouts

Saturday, January 07, 2006

Layouts for week one of 2006





I did 10 scrapbook layouts this week, including 9 double-page ones and 1 single, Mainly various ones from 2005 in general and from a trip that my husband and one daughter made out to Alberta to visit another daughter who was working there for the summer. The double page layout here includes pictures from our trip up Sulphur Mountain near Banff. The labeled picture is obviously the one they took of us as we were about to make our descent. There were beautiful views of the town and the Banff Springs Hotel. I chose this one to show because I liked the way I featured some pictures using circles, because of the paper, monogram letters and letter stickers (Basic Grey) and because I felt I was able to show the view as well as the outside and inside of the gondola, and the way my husband and one daughter felt about going in it (not so great).

The single page layout is just a quick one showing our new flat screen TV and all the things that were required for us to be able to install it including the 6 (!) remotes, 2 of which I'm still not sure the purpose of. I liked this one because of the way I used the circles in the paper to frame some of the pictures and also some of the other circles to highlight the "sixes". Also I was able to use a small picture of the hole in the wall allowing access to a lot of wires as a journaling box by using a vellum-writer pen to write on the photo. Paper is Junkitz and the epoxy numbers are Creative Imaginations.
I should add that the double one is based on a sketch from Becky Higgins' 2nd sketch book. Giving credit where it's due!

2 Comments:

At 7:55 PM, Blogger Ruth.E said...

Hi Pam, you know I am not sure I have actually seen any of your LOs before? I love these ones. So well done. Gosh, gonna love visiting here often.

 
At 1:16 AM, Blogger madcow said...

You can see all the "down under" girls are surfing the net tonight! LOL
I love the way your sense of humour (which I appreciate so much) comes through in your work. The remotes LO just says it all - I feel sometimes I should wear a tool belt to accomodate all the remotes in this place!
And I love the circles! Very clever way to give a flow from one page to another.
All in all, I'm really enjoying these and love it that I can look at your work now. Love & hugs Clare

 

Post a Comment

<< Home