My Layouts

Saturday, January 28, 2006

On a roll in January!

I have really been "on a roll" as far as scrapbooking goes! So far as of January 28, I have completed 43 layouts ( 80 pages total) , mainly 2-page spreads, some 1-page. This week alone I have done 31 pages, as I really got going on my pictures from a trip my husband and I took to Las Vegas in October. It was hard to pick a couple to post, but here goes:

The first one contains pictures from the concert that my choir (The Greater MonctonChorale ) put on in November. The journaling reads:November 29, 30 and Dec, 1, 2005. The Greater Moncton Chorale had the wonderful priviledge of performing the Messiah with the NB Symphony Orchestra, conducted by Howard Dyck. It was a lot of work and extra practices with the conductor, orchestra and soloists were needed. But what fun to do three performances in Fredericton, Moncton and Saint John! The larger photo was taken for the newspaper and Marcel took the others at our concert at Central United Church, Moncton, Nov. 30.

Papers are mainly Club Scrap. Quickutz die cuts for title.

The second layout is of the Dolphin Habitat at the Mirage Hotel in Las Vegas. It is a wonderful spot to watch the dolphins interact with their keepers. They do not put on shows, but the trainers interact with them and show off their natural behaviours. I watched the two juvenile dolphins (5 year old Huffenpuff and her 2 1/2 year old brother Maverick) interacting with the trainers one day and the next day, my husband came with me to see them and we caught the 2 adult females in their session. The other part of the exhibit at the Mirage is the Secret Garden where they have white tigers and lions as well as other cats, all part of the group owned by Sigfried and Roy, who used to perform there. I haven't done the layouts of these yet, but maybe I'll post these later as I have some very nice pictures of the cats.

This layout is based on a sketch from Becky Higgins 2nd sketch book. Paper and stickers are Club Scrap.

2 Comments:

At 8:24 PM, Blogger :Jayne said...

YOU have been busy!!!!
Cool layouts! I certainly am waaayyyy behind you!
Keep the pace!

:Jayne

 
At 3:46 AM, Blogger Ruth.E said...

I love your LOs but mainly the pics Marcel took of the choir. He did a great job didn't he. You must have been so happy with them. What a great thing to remember and imortalise in a scrapbook. I can imagine there is heaps of inspiration in the Vegas ones. Sometimes I get a bit overwhelmed by how important the pics are and freeze up when I go to scrap them. It isn't so bad now I have a digital. Love what you did with the dolphins, sounds like a great time you had. Now that is 43Los done, how many to go, LOL.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home