My Layouts

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Last week's scrapbooking


I didn't get quite as much done last week as in the first few weeks of 2006, but still my 12 pages (7 layouts) are still above my goal of 5 layouts per week, so I'm happy. The ones I chose to show are not complex layouts, but I have special reasons for choosing them. The airport one shows how close the LasVegas airport is to town and what nifty pictures you can get of the hotels while awaiting your flight. Also, the new book by Erin Lincoln (Supply Savvy Scrapbooking) inspired me to pull out some sheets of paper from one of my old SEI Simple Sets and use them here, and I think the stripes give a certain sense of movement to the layout which goes along with the theme of flight. So have a look through your old paper stash - you never know what you might be able to use! (all materials SEI except the larger letters are Heidi Swapp chipboard letters)


The second layout is of the white lions at the Mirage Hotel. I wanted you to see these magnificent animals. The lions (and the white tigers and other cats) do not actually live in these enclosures, but have much larger areas, I believe on the estate of Siegried and Roy. Different animals come "to work" each day. The first time I visited there was a lion and a lioness in the large enclosure, basking in the sun on the rocks. The next day two male lions were there and another one was in a different enclosure, where a tiger had been the day before. The names of the different animals are posted each day. I have pictures of the white tigers also, including two young ones who were wrestling and playing like my cats used to do when they were kittens (only way bigger!) but I thought I'd show you the lions. (Cardstock is Bazzill, chipboard letter BasicGrey, patterned paper is Diane's Daughters, rub-on letters are Making Memories)

2 Comments:

At 2:22 AM, Blogger Kip said...

Love your layouts! I didn't even realize that about the airport as I always get in at night and never thought about how close they are. Did see the Mirage animals and they are wonderful!!

Kip

 
At 4:35 PM, Blogger Ruth.E said...

I love the lions, love how you put them in a LO, love the products, I just keep going back andlooking at it. You did a great job. I agree the striped paper does give the plane one a sense of movement. You are good at this stuff!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home